12.14.2012

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

My posts have veered into rocker territory lately. Not sure if it's a short sartorial detour or not, but I think with colder weather this tends to be my thang (as opposed to summer where preppy emerges out of my wardrobe). Based on this, I thought I would put together a few different outfit options for holiday parties that aren't super formal and aren't super casual. The middle of the fancy road, if you will. I think these types of functions always outnumber the tres formal or uber casual on our calendars so hopefully this might inspire you to create some looks using things you already own! The common threads in these ensembles are metallic accents which keep them feeling festive.

I am also linked up this week with Long Distance Loving where the theme is "a little sparkle" so be sure to check out the other posts for more great ideas!


Look #1: contrast a fancy, structured jacket with a loose tee and tougher boots.
| metallic jacket - Club Monaco | snake t-shirt - Vero Moda | rhinestone spike necklace - Love  Always Couture | large spike necklace - Aldo| Renegade ring - Stella and Dot | velvet tights - Joe Fresh | boots - H&M | clutch - Le Chateau |


Look #2: Not that sequins need any jazzing up, but the leather jacket and repeated mixed metals in the necklace kick it up another notch.
| jacket, tank top, necklace, skirt, tights - all Joe Fresh | boots - H&M | clutch - Aldo | earrings - F21 |



Look #3: This is the most formal of the three looks, however the gold lame and chunky statement necklace lend some edge to an otherwise demure and conservative pencil skirt. I found this gold top in the athletic section at Joe Fresh so get creative with your holiday style!
| gold top - Joe Fresh | necklace - Ell and Emm | skirt - Club Monaco | tights - Joe Fresh | clutch - vintage | heels - Calvin Klein |

8 comments:

  1. Great looks! You have gorgeous style!

    xx, Jordan
    opal-and-violet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all 3! But I think my favorite is the second one. Or perhaps the third. That metallic shirt is just so shiny and different!

    Found you via La Petite Fashionista- so glad I did!

    Happy holidays from your newest follower,

    -Nathy
    http://earnestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the looks are amazing and so appropriate for the holiday season <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your holiday looks, girl! Such beautiful jewels, too!

    http://christineincolor.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sequin skirt is just amazing - I love all of your festive looks :)

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the green shirt + black skirt pairing. Actually, I really just love all these pairings. You look gorgeous!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think I'm going to wear that look to all my family get togethers!

      Delete

I love the love you leave for me (say that 10 times fast) xo